Thursday, January 2, 2014

Forever More - Words On Black Plastic (1971)



1. Promises of Spring
2. The Wrong Person
3. Last Breakfast
4. Get Behind Me Satan
5. Put Your Money on a Pony
6. Lookin' Through the Water
7. O'Brien's Last Stand
8. Angel of the Lord
9. What a Lovely Day



I remember listening to Forever More with my brother back when we were kids. It was one of our favorite albums at the time. This, and their first album "Yours" (also available on this blog), were so different than a lot of the other music we were listening to at the time. I've tried to find out more about this band, but there isn't much out there. I did read that Alan Gorrie went on to play with the Average White Band, but don't let that fool you, Forever More sounds nothing like that.

When I started buying CDs, one band I always wished would be released digitally was Forever More, but alas, that never happened. So, I've digitized it for your listening pleasure. Unfortunately, my copy of the LP wasn't in the mint condition that my other albums are in, so this isn't as pristine as some of the other albums in my blog. But I have spent a lot of time removing clicks and pops as best I can. If you love this album as much as I did back in 1971, you will definitely enjoy hearing it again. I was able to find both albums on a single CD. Very rare, but may still be available if you search the Interwebs. Either way, these albums are out of print and very rare. Band: Alan Gorrie - Bass Guitar, keyboards
Mick Travis - Guitar
Onnie Mair - Guitar, Bass Guitar, Vocals
Stuart Francis - Drums, Vocals


Encoded at 320K from original vinyl album. Includes album cover artwork.

Download: Words On Black Plastic

1 comment:

  1. Hello - Onnie Mair went along with Alan; Mick has several available CDs under his real name, Mick Strode, at mickstrode.com.

    ReplyDelete