Friday, January 3, 2014

Forever More - Yours (1970)

Side 1
01 - Back in the States Again
02 - We Sing
03 - It's Home
04 - Home Country Blues
05 - Good to Me

Side 2
01 - Yours
02 - Beautiful Afternoon
03 - 8 O'Clock & All's Well
04 - Mean Pappie Blues
05 - You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine
06 - Sylvester's Last Voyage

This album was originally posted on the "Gooder'n Bad Vinyl" blog by my good friend "walknthabass". I am reposting because his blog will be going away in March 2014. Since I also have the other Forever More album posted here, I thought this would be a good spot for this one as well. The following is a cut/paste of what he has on his blog:

OK - Back in the late 80's I use to go to my local Radio Shack for connectors, cables, etc. They always had a very small cut-out bin with a few records in it. I always flipped through them but never saw anything that I really wanted. As time went on the number of LP's slowly got fewer and fewer until this was the only one left. When they finally marked it down to 25¢ I decided "what the heck" and took a chance. I'm glad I did! It's really a great album!!

Favorite songs? "We Sing", "Good to Me" and the title song.

Personnel:
Alan Gorrie - Piano, Bass Guitar, Teapot (He went on to the Average White Band!)
Mick Travis - Guitar (his name sounds familiar)
Onnie Mair - Guitar, Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals
Stuart Francis - Drums, Backing Vocals


Produced by Ray Singer and Simon Napier-Bell.

And now you know all that I know!

This album runs the gamut. I hear Prog-Rock, Rock, Jazz, Country-Rock, Country. A little bit of everything.

I hear influences by Traffic, Youngbloods, Caravan, etc.

Anybody have any additional info out there it would be great.

Enjoy!

Download: Forever More - Yours

2 comments:

  1. I remember listening to this in the dorms and learned a couple of songs. Then it was gone (decades) and for years I have searched for it only to have it recently pop up on Google. Flooded with memories . . . . thanks

    ReplyDelete